Hello, my name is Sophie McCallum and I will be working as school counsellor on Wednesday’s. I am a qualified primary school teacher and counsellor, having completed my master’s in counselling last year, at Tabor College. I am registered with Psychotherapy & Counselling Federation of Australia (PACFA). I am available to provide individual counselling for students from Reception to Year 7. The school and I are committed to the wellbeing of all students and making sure that kids matter.
The school counsellor:
• Provides a safe, confidential place where students can talk about anything that may be bothering them and will listen and help.
• Will inform the school/ teacher/ parent’s/ relevant people if the child’s safety is at risk, as appropriate.
• Will recommend referrals where necessary.
Assist with issues of:
• Body Image
• Conflict resolution
• Family issues
• Friendship issues
• Goal setting
• Grief and loss
• Low self esteem
• Problem solving
• Social skills
There is a referral form that is available from the front office. Referrals can be made via:
• Self-referral: students in years 5-7
• Referral by a staff member
• Referral by parents / caregivers
* Parental permission is required for students in Reception to Year 4
You can contact me via email at email@example.com or ring Nativity on a Wednesday.
I look forward to working with you in 2019.