It is that point in the term where it is all happening. There has been the:
1) Preparations for the Campus Sports Day with the voting for the House Captains and Vice –Captains and the Athletics trails for the events. Congratulations to Erin S (C Murray), Wade B (VC Murray), Kaden W (C Yorke), Amelia J (VC Eyre) & Tia H (VC Flinders) All is in readiness for the Sports Day to be held on Friday 5 April. A booklet with all the details will be emailed to families before the event.
2) Beginning of Lent celebrations with Shrove Tuesday and Ash Wednesday. Sharyn Black has posted the weekly table of events. Next week the classes are focussing on the school values of Belonging, Courage, Compassion, Forgiveness, Justice and Gratitude.
3) Catholic Schools Swimming Carnival, Congratulations to Clare C age champion for Year 5 girls and the Year 4s for winning the age champion pennant.
4) Commencement of the Mac Lit (Literacy intervention programme for Year 3-7)
5) Preparations for the New Parents Dinner to be held on the first Friday of term 2 (3 May). Year 1 and 2 families should have received an email requesting help to host the evening. Please respond to the email ASAP.
6) Organisation of the Year 6 Canberra trip. They fly out next Tuesday for an exciting and worthwhile educational experience.
7) Continuation of the Making Space for Learning Project where the students are learning about the neuroscience of the brain that helps them in their social and emotional development. This is also an opportunity for the staff as part of their professional learning.
8) School Board’s first meeting was held recently where the executive was elected. Fr Santiago (President), Matt Koukourou (Chair), Shane Kuhlmann (Vice- Chair) Anita Collyer (Secretary) & John Pedersen (Treasurer).
9) Early Years Excursion to the zoo.
10) Preparation for the NAPLAN testing for Year 3, 5 and 7s. This year the students are doing the test online for the first time in week 3 of term 2. There is a lot of behind scenes work required to make sure everything is functioning properly during the testing. The students will have a practice run on 28 March.
I would like to express my thanks to the parents and staff who give so much to enable theses value added events to benefit the learning opportunities for all the students here at Nativity.