With school starting on Wednesday there are a few things that you can do to make 2020 a smooth start to the year when it comes to your child’s laptop (Year 3 to 7 students). The following are just some helpful hints or reminders.
- Ensure that your laptop is fully charged. It is also important to check that it is fully charged by turning on the laptop and checking the battery percentage. Sometimes you might think it is charging but the charger cord might be loose or someone has inadvertently turned the power point off or swapped their charger for your own.
- Delete any unnecessary files on your hard drive to free up space for this year. If you are unsure about deleting certain files, back them up to Google Drive or One Drive first using your school accounts and then delete them from your drive.
- Give your laptop a clean. I find using glass cleaner the best, but please don’t spray any liquid directly onto your laptop. Spray the cleaner onto a cloth, making it damp and then clean your laptop.
- Ensure that your laptop, charger and laptop case are labelled clearly with your name.
- All students will need their own headphones. In ear headphones are recommended and are easier to manage, but the choice is ultimately yours.
For all students with new laptops for 2020, they will need to do the following….
- All Year 3 students need to bring their laptops and chargers to school on Thursday. They can be presented to me personally in the teacher resource room in the St Joseph building.
- All students from Years 4 to 7 with new laptops can also bring their laptops down to the Teacher Resource room in the St. Joseph building from 8:45 am on Thursday.