Dear Parents, Students, Staff and Friends of Nativity School,
We have recently received our NAPLAN results for 2022. School of the Nativity had 100% of year 3 and 5 students participate in the tests in and 100% of students meet the National Minimum Standard in all areas.
In both year 3 and 5 there were improvements in all areas tested (Reading, Writing, Spelling, Grammar and punctuation and Numeracy)
At School of the Nativity, we review and respond to our NAPLAN Data in conjunction with other data we hold in regard to student learning
We use all our data to:
• identify students who require greater challenges or extra support.
• identify strengths and areas of need in teaching programs.
• set goals for the school in literacy and numeracy through our Annual improvement Plan.
If you have any questions about your child/ren’s NAPLAN report, please see their class teacher in the first instance.
We are very excited to present to you this year’s Grandparents and Special Friends Day performance “Fractured Fairy Tales” this celebration recognises the significant roles grandparents’ play in our families. If you are unable to join us on Friday, the performance will be recorded so that it can be shared with family who may not be able to be present with us. Grandparents and Special Friends Day is an opportunity for us to acknowledge and thank grandparents for being the caring, loving people they are and putting in all the hard work to help raise grandchildren and make their lives richer.
Grandparents are important in children’s lives because they:
• Assist in their care and provide a strong link to earlier generations.
• Provide love, support and encouragement.
• Have a unique relationship with grandchildren which can foster a sense of security and belonging.
• Bring a lifetime of experience into a family.
• Influence a child’s sense of fun, adventure and knowledge.
• Are a child’s link to the past, bringing history and tradition to life.
• Pass on valuable information about culture, heritage, traditions and understanding of the world.
• Play a vital role in breaking down language and cultural barriers.
• Take pride in their grandchildren.
When God created Grandparents
The world was truly blessed
With all the special joys
That make a family the happiest……..
For Grandparents know how to do
The things that warm a heart,
They touch our lives
With loving care
Right from the very start……
On behalf of the staff may thanks for your support of the Grandparents Day performance. We wish you a restful term break and look forward to you returning to us safely on Monday 17th October.