Early Years (R-2)
Inquiry based learning is the basis of the Early Years program. Rather than just presenting facts to be learnt, students start to actively learn from questions or problems that are posed. Teachers guide the learning, establishing parameters as necessary.
- Places equal emphasis on the process and the content
- Fosters student interest and wonder
- Encourages students to ask their own questions and values student voice in the learning
- Builds on prior knowledge
- Uses hands-on experiences
- Allows students to learn from and with others
Students in the Early Years participate annually in swimming lessons at the Noarlunga Aquatic Centre. The main focus of these lessons is water safety and survival.
Early Years students take part in yearly excursions related to the inquiry unit currently being explored.
Early Years Students have access to iPads and laptops provided by the school. Students also have excellent access to a Campus wide wireless network. The iPads and Laptops are used as an integral tool in the daily learning of our students.